1. Watchdog groups to Congress: Crack down on Medicare Advantage plans Full story
2. Police kill armed patient at Baylor Scott & White hospital Full story
3. Top UnitedHealth Group legal exec departs for Agilon Health Full story
4. Learn what worked - and what didn't - when Baylor, Scott & White set out to integrate medical device strategy. Spoiler: It resulted in cost savings and fewer incidents.
5. California will become first state to offer Medicaid to all eligible residents Full story
6. Georgia medical clinic owner gets 3 years in prison for fraud scheme Full story
7. Healthcare deals decline 9% in Q1 Full story
8. 'An opportunity to create fundamentally better measures': NCQA's chief product officer on launch of digital quality solutions pilot
9. Children's Health in Dallas pioneered virtual behavioral healthcare before COVID-19. Click here to learn how the organization refined its program and became a model of innovative care in healthcare's digital age.
10. Half of BCBS Kansas employees now work remote or hybrid Full story
11. Cyberattack puts info of 1,400 Arkansas BCBS members at risk Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A 350-bed hospital can gain $22 million in annual revenue by focusing on financial performance rather than managing revenue cycle costs — here's how your health system can standardize RCM and focus on what's really important.
2. Hospitals have spent more than $3B getting PPE during the pandemic — make sure your team is following the right protocols.
3. Optimizing non-acute supply chain strategy saved this health system $125K — here's how you can take full advantage of your purchasing power to drive revenue.