1. FTC warns PBMs about unlawful drug rebate practices through new enforcement policy Full story
2. Centene to reduce real estate footprint by 65% Full story
3. HCA, Steward make for 2nd called-off hospital deal within days of FTC challenge Full story
4. Technology alone can't attract patients in the consumer era of healthcare. Here's what execs learned from more than 4,000 patients about what they expect from your hospital's digital strategy.
5. CVS Health names chief strategy officer Full story
6. 'Medicare for All' would have prevented 338,000 deaths, saved $105B during pandemic, report finds Full story
7. Cigna to buy back $3.5B in stock Full story
8. South Carolina payer reports theft and attempted sale of members' data Full story
9. Quint Studer is back to diagnose the pain points your patients experience.
10. 7 payers named among 50 most community-minded companies in US Full story
11. Humana donating 130K-square-foot office building to U of Louisville Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. ORs need a reset to rebuild hospital margins. Learn how to work through case backlogs + develop a future strategy. Expert advice here.
2. Pandemic-related care delays have created a wave of sicker patients. Read this short report to learn how healthcare navigation reduces clinician burden + mitigates the effects for patients.
3. Few organizations are leveraging the data needed to advance population health. Read 3 takeaways from senior healthcare executives on overcoming the hurdles here.