1. 5 dead in Oklahoma hospital campus shooting Full story
2. 2 dead after shooting at Ohio hospital Full story
3. As some Maine providers drop Anthem, others join Full story
4. Improve care quality and curb costs by controlling Emergency Department utilization for non-emergent cases. Learn more.
5. Payers are mostly denying coverage for weight-loss drugs, but a loophole exists Full story
6. Flume Health nabs BCBS exec as chief growth officer Full story
7. 6% rate hike approved at U of Iowa hospitals Full story
8. California experiment has managed care payers delivering food, other services Full story
9. The key to reducing costs? A strategy that bridges payers and hospitals within an IDN. Here's how UPMC used virtual care to combat staff shortages and drive revenue.
10. Ohio hospital seeks $6M from Aetna over alleged breach of contract Full story
11. Depression 'significantly underdiagnosed, untreated' in minority communities, BCBS study finds Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Pandemic-related care delays have created a wave of sicker patients. Read this short report to learn how healthcare navigation reduces clinician burden + mitigates the effects for patients.
2. Successful hospitals know which 5 areas they must prioritize for sustainable financial performance — click here to learn them.
3. Few organizations are leveraging the data needed to advance population health. Read 3 takeaways from senior healthcare executives on overcoming the hurdles here.