1. UnitedHealthcare, WakeMed terminate contract Full story
2. Kaiser Permanente to establish gun violence research center Full story
3. Labor Department sues Georgia payer over alleged ERISA violations Full story
4. Is diabetes actually reversible? Learn more in The 5 Myths of Diabetes Reversal.
5. 40 payer exec moves in May Full story
6. CareMax to acquire Steward Health's value-based care business Full story
7. 'We have no answers': Post-cancer patient facing thousands in medical bills after BCBS, Springfield Clinic contract termination Full story
8. Highmark reports operating gain of $100M, net loss of $150M Full story
9. The key to reducing costs? A strategy that bridges payers and hospitals within an IDN. Here's how UPMC used virtual care to combat staff shortages and drive revenue.
10. Proposed class action against BCBS Illinois alleges LGBTQ fertility coverage discrimination Full story
11. 3 payers among top 100 most reputable companies in US, survey finds Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Patients want electronic payment options, but are still sent paper bills. Health systems are stalling when it comes to meaningful change. Click here to find out why.
2. Healthcare loses $10B annually in administrative costs due to low health literacy and rising complexity cost — learn how hospitals can move forward by downloading the Trends in Healthcare Payments Annual Report.
3. Patients want electronic payment options, but are still sent paper bills. Health systems are stalling when it comes to meaningful change. Click here to find out why.