1. Tenet Detroit hospital at risk of losing Medicare contract Full story
2. Commercial insurers paid hospitals 224% more than what Medicare did, study finds Full story
3. CMS launches more user-friendly Medicare website Full story
4. Even a 5% reduction in non-urgent visits to the emergency room can create tremendous cost savings - Learn more
5. Denver Health names first chief impact officer Full story
6. Connecticut payer's computer error leads to release of members' info Full story
7. Kansas governor vetoes bill blocking her from accepting new state Medicaid bids Full story
8. ChristianaCare expands Delaware footprint, opens Highmark-exclusive clinics Full story
9. Does your provider-payer relationship involve cloud technology? Learn how this tech can enhance your collaboration to reduce costs and eliminate manual processes.
10. Anthem, SCL Health contract negotiations ongoing amid rate increase dispute Full story
11. Viewpoint: 3 letters explain why California's single-payer proposals keep failing Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 81% of residents like their training programs, but 41% are burned out. Get resources from AMA to improve physician well-being and promote better work-life balance here.
2. A teachable moment: How this 500-plus bed medical center turned a poor scorecard into cultural transformation.
3. Healthcare can't ignore the rising competition and consumerism sweeping the industry. Learn how your hospital can respond to these 6 trends transforming the patient experience.