1. Cigna's $44B revenues in Q1: 7 things to know Full story
2. 9.2% of Americans were uninsured in 2021: 7 things to know Full story
3. WakeMed, UnitedHealthcare dispute could affect 20,000 patients Full story
4. Payer trends bootcamp 2022: Get up to speed on regulatory changes and consumer trends during this OnDemand session.
5. Waymark taps 2 top execs from Aetna, Anthem to grow value-based Medicaid line Full story
6. Medical bills paid by private insurance vs. Medicare: Comparison by state Full story
7. Nurses make exit plans after RaDonda Vaught's conviction Full story
8. HHS secretary questioned over Biden administration's slow move to regulate junk plans Full story
9. FDA limits use of J&J COVID-19 vaccine Full story
10. Patients want electronic payment options, but are still sent paper bills. Health systems are stalling when it comes to meaningful change. Click here to find out why.
11. Medica paid over $230M for majority stake in Wisconsin payer Full story
12. Centene increases base salaries of CFO, COO past $1M Full story
13. HHS to payers on draft abortion ruling: 'We intend to continue to enforce the law' Full story
14. Empire BCBS expands at-home care services with DocGo deal Full story
15. Companies should brace for a culture of quitting Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 92% of physicians say prior authorization delays necessary care. See how insurers are tapping AI to prevent harmful delays and improve the patient and provider experience here.
2. Just 31% of health systems are taking advantage of this opportunity to attract and retain patients. See what it is here.
3. ORs need a reset to rebuild hospital margins. Learn how to work through case backlogs + develop a future strategy. Expert advice here.