1. Bright Health reports major enrollment boost, $180M loss in Q1 Full story
2. 'They're on really thin ice': Why 1 insurer has drawn spine surgeons' ire Full story
3. Physician 'gold card' exemptions for prior authorizations gain steam Full story
4. Building a successful provider network is challenging. Learn more about the Zelis-powered 3-step process.
5. 3 medical groups react to Supreme Court's leaked draft opinion Full story
6. Optum, Atrius Health's $236M merger receives final approval Full story
7. CVS Health's $2.3B net income in Q1: 14 things to know Full story
8. 441 rural hospitals at risk of losing services or closing Full story
9. The key to reducing costs? A strategy that bridges payers and hospitals within an IDN. Here's how UPMC used virtual care to combat staff shortages and drive revenue.
10. Maine physician practice to drop Anthem; 10,000 patients affected Full story
11. Centene CEO responds to questions over Magellan purchase that spurred California investigation Full story
12. Michigan physician barred from billing Medicare for 3 years Full story
13. 8 recent payer investments in value-based care Full story
14. 'It really is frightening': Health plans brace as specialty drugs hit 50% of prescription spending Full story
15. 13 states have extended Medicaid postpartum coverage Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare loses $10B annually in administrative costs due to low health literacy and rising complexity cost — learn how hospitals can move forward by downloading the Trends in Healthcare Payments Annual Report.
2. Trauma centers save lives but often lose money. Learn the 5 steps needed to stay in the black
3. HAIs are skyrocketing, but one 426-bed hospital reduced infection and saved $70,000 using this easy-to-apply disinfection strategy.