1. UnitedHealthcare limits Aduhelm for all health plans: 'unproven and not medically necessary' Full story
2. 22 hospitals with the most ER visits Full story
3. Older, experienced workers are joining the Great Resignation, raising alarm bells for organizations Full story
4. Are paper payments becoming a thing of the past? As administration costs continue to rise, major payers are now mandating electronic payments. Learn more.
5. Biden administration halts Georgia plan to have private sector handle ACA marketplace Full story
6. Payers hit back at Medicare Advantage coverage denial report Full story
7. HHS extends risk adjustment for COVID-19 telehealth services Full story
8. 'Bring prior authorizations into the 21st century,' House lawmakers urge Full story
9. UVM Health Network, UnitedHealthcare extend deal 10 days, keep negotiating Full story
10. The key to reducing costs? A strategy that bridges payers and hospitals within an IDN. Here's how UPMC used virtual care to combat staff shortages and drive revenue.
11. Amazon's PillPack to pay $5.8M for insulin overbilling Full story
12. How self-insured employers can negotiate lower hospital prices Full story
13. CMS issues final 2023 Medicare Advantage, Part D prescription drug rules: 10 things to know Full story
14. What a medium COVID-19 risk level means: 5 notes Full story
15. 14 payer exec moves in April Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Keep patient safety measures from deteriorating. Click here for 10 safety concerns to prioritize in 2022 + strategies to cut risks.
2. South Shore Hospital's ED reduced readmissions by enhancing its EHR and using complexity scores. Click here to learn their strategy.
3. You're probably under-utilizing your EHR. Click here to learn how to unlock the data needed to improve billing, reduce denials and build satisfaction.