1. Anthem's $1.8B 1st quarter: 11 things to know Full story
2. Anthem under fire for millions in unpaid claims Full story
3. Jury acquits Ohio physician accused of 14 patient deaths Full story
4. Coming soon: the new Member Research Report from Zelis. From points of friction to trust-drivers, learn how to digitally empower your members. Sign up now.
5. Cigna's Evernorth, Kaiser ink 5-year deal to expand provider network, specialty pharmacy services Full story
6. BCBS Minnesota names 4 new executives Full story
7. Tenet hospital CEO resigns amid service cuts Full story
8. $3K medical bill for 1.8 mile ambulance ride goes viral Full story
9. States ranked by percentage of private-sector workers with a high-deductible health plan Full story
10. The digital revolution is here. Is your hospital ready? Click here to learn how Amazon's consumer strategy can drive a successful digital footprint.
11. New York Medicaid audit finds $965M in billing errors Full story
12. Better Health appoints Aetna Medicare's former chief medical officer to advisory board Full story
13. Health insurers expected to have strong Q1 earnings Full story
14. Healthcare billing fraud: 11 cases Full story
15. Harvard Pilgrim Health Care exits Connecticut Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Inefficient medical device management is threatening retention and patient safety. Here are 5 strategies for hospitals to change that.
2. 92% of physicians say prior authorization delays necessary care. See how insurers are tapping AI to prevent harmful delays and improve the patient and provider experience here.
3. Nearly 8% of all lab orders are clinically inappropriate. Get 5 tips to improve utilization and reduce unnecessary spend here.