1. Why 6 payers recently added nontraditional roles to their C-suites Full story
2. COVID-19 public health emergency renewed Full story
3. Delta Air Lines drops health insurance surcharge for unvaccinated employees Full story
4. Discover how value-based payments and other technologies are shaping the future for healthcare payers. Access the report here.
5. Scrutiny grows over Medicare Advantage plans: 6 things to know Full story
6. Providence to pay $22.7M to settle unnecessary spine surgery allegations Full story
7. Judge tosses Cigna lawsuit from shareholders over loss of $1.85B termination fee in failed Anthem merger Full story
8. UnitedHealthcare, MUSC contract negotiations affect over 50,000 patients Full story
9. Patients want electronic payment options, but are still sent paper bills. Health systems are stalling when it comes to meaningful change. Click here to find out why.
10. BCBS Michigan to acquire commercial underwriting company AmeriTrust Full story
11. Anthem wins discrimination lawsuit over alleged unlawfully denied promotions Full story
12. ACA marketplace premiums decline for 3rd straight year while employer-sponsored premiums go up, study finds Full story
13. Insurers: How the CDC can improve opioid-prescribing guidelines Full story
14. UnitedHealth Group invests $100M in affordable housing Full story
15. States ranked by suicide rate Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. This 49-bed community hospital is investing in automation — and it's paying off. Click here to learn how Fort HealthCare achieved a 91% success rate for prior authorizations.
2. Patients demand a frictionless, user-friendly payment experience. See how Cancer Treatment Centers of America is delivering it here.
3. You're probably under-utilizing your EHR. Click here to learn how to unlock the data needed to improve billing, reduce denials and build satisfaction.