1. Cigna exec to join Tenet as VP of investor relations Full story
2. What 4 major payer CEOs earned in 2021 Full story
3. Criminal trial begins for ex-Vanderbilt nurse who made fatal drug error Full story
4. Give your staff the relief they deserve. Get 3 strategies to improve care workflows and free up employees' time here.
5. Illinois fines BCBS $339K after Springfield Clinic contract termination Full story
6. Highmark profit hits $440M as it expands its insurance network Full story
7. HHS examining risk adjustment practices that led to $12B in Medicare Advantage overpayments Full story
8. Payers, providers partner to create health equity initiative in Philadelphia Full story
9. California health system sues Kaiser, alleging 'tens of millions' in underpayments Full story
10. Virtual care presents a host of digital opportunities for hospitals. Learn how leading health systems are taking advantage.
11. HHS will work 'aggressively' to make telehealth flexibilities permanent Full story
12. Judge throws out payer challenge to CMS risk-adjustment rules Full story
13. New York health system sues insurer to recoup $228M in COVID-19 losses Full story
14. CMS pushes penalties for failing to report Medicare enrollees' settlements Full story
15. Healthcare billing fraud: 7 recent cases Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Hospital apps often fail, leaving patients disengaged and looking elsewhere for care. Here's how hospitals can drive revenue through digital companionship, data insights and flexibility.
2. A cloud-native system pays for itself in a year by streamlining workflows. Here are 4 factors to consider to make the change easy.
3. This 49-bed community hospital is investing in automation — and it's paying off. Click here to learn how Fort HealthCare achieved a 91% success rate for prior authorizations.