1. New weight loss drugs could increase Medicare premiums, experts warn Full story
2. Senators accuse payers of evading price transparency rules Full story
3. Optum Health names new regional CEO Full story
4. Eat better' is prescribed for the most expensive chronic conditions, yet a staggering # of patients are food insecure. Learn how leaders are confronting food insecurity in this brief report.
5. How a JP Morgan-backed startup builds networks around the highest-performing providers Full story
6. Insurtechs lost a combined $2.3B in 2022 Full story
7. Why Humana isn't concerned about Medicare Advantage rate changes Full story
8. Meet Elevance Health's board of directors Full story
9. Claims payment processing has been painful, slow, paper-based and error-prone. Get this study of 126 health plans execs to see top opportunities for plans to streamline payment processing.
10. BCBS Michigan moving 500 employees to Detroit Full story
11. UnitedHealth in the headlines: 8 recent developments Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. When only 35% of referrals end in a visit, you can't justify time spent on manual patient outreach. This digital upgrade led Froedtert Health to a 3-day referral-to-appointment workflow.
2. With tight budgets and limited staff, hospitals must do more with less. Here's how this Midwest hospital saved thousands while improving efficiency.
3. The % of hospitals outsourcing help to process complex claims has doubled, and for good reason: more money (faster) + fewer headaches. Will you follow suit? Learn how this complex claim resolution program can put you ahead.