1. Bright Health lays off 150 workers, 5% of workforce Full story
2. Optum's strategy for 2022 growth Full story
3. Employee sues Centene claiming overtime pay was withheld after payroll hack Full story
4. A gentler approach to patient engagement can pay off. Learn how Erlanger leveraged compassion to move the financial needle.
5. UVM Health Network cites administrative issues, seeks to end UnitedHealthcare contract Full story
6. GOP effort to end national emergency declaration for COVID-19 clears Senate Full story
7. No signs omicron subvariant will spur surge, Dr. Michael Osterholm says Full story
8. Congress pitches bill to warn Medicare beneficiaries of late enrollment fees Full story
9. Payers must support virtual health for long-term success, UC Davis Health CEO says Full story
10. As coding requirements evolve, so should your revenue cycle. Learn how partnerships can ease the lift and elevate your game.
11. 7 health systems reported profits over $1B in 2021 Full story
12. 10 states with the highest, lowest prescription costs per household Full story
13. NAACOS forms coalition to help providers pivot to new CMS ACO model Full story
14. 5 recent legal actions involving payers Full story
15. Biden administration requests $22.5B in supplemental COVID-19 aid Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 70% of patients would rather hospitals invest in their experiences than traditional marketing. Take the Empathy Experience Challenge to learn more.
2. Can your call center be eliminated? Learn the five steps leaders must take to move toward intelligent automation.
3. 30% of adults are grappling with medical costs — including your patients. It's time to put patient payments first. Here's how.