1. CMS puts No Surprises Act payment determinations on hold after court loss Full story
2. Cigna rebrands to the Cigna Group Full story
3. Kaiser posts $4.5B net loss in 2022 Full story
4. Payers are struggling to keep up with changing member expectations. Get ahead of the curve and stay there with conversational AI and these best practices.
5. What 6 payer leaders are saying about the Medicare Advantage RADV audit rule Full story
6. Insurance startup Sana to layoff nearly 20% of workforce Full story
7. New York lawmakers debate single-payer legislation Full story
8. Highmark fined for wrongly denied claims, untimely payments Full story
9. From equity to transparency, join senior execs from leading payers – Cigna, BCBS, Kaiser, UnitedHealth + more – in exclusive roundtables on today's most pressing payer issues. Apply to be a live reviewer now.
10. CVS Health in the headlines: 8 recent updates Full story
11. BCBS North Carolina lost state health plan contract despite proposing lowest overall cost, records show Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Becker's-PwC survey: 84% of health systems are behind in cash collections + denials are up. Here is how revenue cycle leaders can meet cash goals.
2. 'Eat better' is prescribed for the most expensive chronic conditions, yet a staggering # of patients are food insecure. Learn how leaders are confronting food insecurity in this brief report.
3. Nurse shortages aren't just a 'now' problem — retirements are outpacing those entering the field. Smart orgs are looking ahead + using these key tactics to prepare.