1. 'Big 6' payers ranked by 2021 revenue Full story
2. US COVID-19 hospitalizations drop below 100,000 — 3 states where they're still rising Full story
3. Biden administration to remove state Medicaid fees in Trump-era policy flip Full story
4. From health system staff to health plan members, healthcare should work for everyone. What's the hold up? Help us get answers by participating in Becker's 2022 survey for health system benefit managers and provider-sponsored health plans.
5. To avoid a reimbursement 'mess', members forgo payer COVID-19 test coverage Full story
6. 13-year Medicare payment dispute will return to HHS, court rules Full story
7. 810 drugs saw price hikes in 1 month: 5 notes Full story
8. Pennsylvania health system lays off staff as CEO exits Full story
9. Former Florida Blue, Bright HealthCare exec joins CareCentrix Full story
10. Identity management systems should check 12 boxes. Does yours? Find out here.
11. 1 in 4 physicians say prior authorization delays have caused a hospitalization Full story
12. Medical staff target Washington hospital CEO, COO, attorney in no-confidence vote Full story
13. Blue Shield of California launches maternal health initiative, targets underserved mothers Full story
14. 14% of hospitals comply with price transparency, survey finds: 4 things to know Full story
15. CMS releases over-the-counter COVID-19 testing coverage guidance Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 70% of patients would rather hospitals invest in their experiences than traditional marketing. Take the Empathy Experience Challenge to learn more.
2. 30% of hospitals are struggling to fill vacancies. Click here for 10 top healthcare staffing challenges — and how to solve them.
3. Can your call center be eliminated? Learn the five steps leaders must take to move toward intelligent automation.