1. California universal healthcare bill dies before key vote Full story
2. Judge extends Northside-Anthem contract until April 15 Full story
3. GuideWell closes $900M Triple-S acquisition, brings enrollment to 46 million people Full story
4. From health system staff to health plan members, healthcare should work for everyone. What's the hold up? Help us get answers by participating in Becker's 2022 survey for health system benefit managers and provider-sponsored health plans.
5. CMS cuts payments to 764 hospitals over patient complications Full story
6. Cigna names US government business president Full story
7. BCBS of Minnesota settles with former Martin Shkreli-led Vyera Pharmaceuticals Full story
8. AMA calls out payers on 15 years of 'parity failures,' seeks congressional support Full story
9. Omicron subvariant's transmissibility: 4 early findings Full story
10. Improving access to providers isn't making people healthier. Click here to learn why a whole new approach to healthcare is needed.
11. 346 House members reiterate bipartisan support for Medicare Advantage Full story
12. Drugmakers raise prices 6.6% this year Full story
13. Union raises concerns over medical debt of UPMC workers Full story
14. AHIP, AHA comment on proposed standards for health plans in 2023 Full story
15. What will make workers want to stay in healthcare? Answers from 22 execs Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Hackers know which vulnerabilities to target. Learn how to protect your data by monitoring and securing third-party access.
2. AI can transform the revenue cycle. Download this 5-point report to learn how to implement it.
3. What are NewYork-Presbyterian's 7 principles for strong patient relationships? How did Yale New Haven Health save 470 hours of nurses' time? Check out these 10 must-reads to find out.