1. Coronavirus death count passes 100 with nearly 5k cases reported Full story
2. Montana hospitals made an insurer to compete with BCBS. It worked — until hospital leaders wanted out Full story
3. Nebraska surgeon lets patients pay by volunteering Full story
4. RCM execs face several pain points. But they can use their unique vantage to drive savvy change across their organization. Find out how.
5. Thrilled to welcome terrific health system CEOs Lloyd Dean, CommonSpirit Health; Nancy Howell Agee, Carilion Clinic; Sister Mary Haddad, Catholic Health Association of the United States; Rod Hochman, MD, Providence St. Joseph Health; Wright Lassiter III, Henry Ford Health System; Warner L. Thomas, Ochsner Health System; Stephen Klasko, MD, Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health; Michael A. Slubowski, Trinity Health; and Melinda L. Estes, MD, Saint Luke’s Health System, to the Becker's Hospital Review 11th Annual Meeting. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. BCBS of Massachusetts to pay for new nonsurgical treatment for knee, low back pain Full story
7. UnitedHealth says St. Francis 2.5 times pricier than St. Louis market; hospital cites 25% price drop Full story
8. Are your patient statements working for you? Click here to improve engagement, collections and patient satisfaction.
9. Texas hospital challenges $300K penalty caused by typo Full story
10. Healthcare payments burden low-income Americans the most, study finds Full story
11. How Massachusetts' top commercial payer is working to expand access to behavioral health services via telehealth. Click here to read the case study.
12. UnitedHealth: Medicare Advantage spending is about 40% lower than FFS Full story
13. Yes, the ACA expanded coverage. But now even insured can't see physicians because of costs, study finds Full story
14. Healthcare CFO claims he was fired after questioning ambulance billing Full story