1. Why 2023 could bring big Medicare Advantage challenges for payers Full story
2. Lawmakers go after UPMC Full story
3. Half of patients with HDHPs have received a surprise medical bill Full story
4. Leaders from Cigna, UnitedHealth, Kaiser, BCBS + more tackle 2023's most pressing issues at Becker’s exclusive Payer Issues Roundtable. Join them April 3-4. Apply to be a live reviewer now.
5. Woman fatally shoots terminally ill husband at Florida hospital in intended murder-suicide, police say Full story
6. McKinsey's predictions for payers in the next 3 years: 6 things to know Full story
7. North Carolina rejects BCBS, UnitedHealthcare appeals of state health plan award to Aetna Full story
8. Michael Dowling: The unthinkable priority now facing hospitals Full story
9. Payers are struggling to keep up with changing member expectations. Get ahead of the curve and stay there with conversational AI and these best practices.
10. BCBS spinout Lucet launches revamped behavioral health platform Full story
11. 9 payer workforce updates Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Just 1 in 10 CKD patients get proper care. Learn how data + AI are changing the kidney care paradigm from costly, urgent treatment to preventative and cost-effective care.
2. The standard patient payment model is broken. That's why Ascension and Intermountain depend on this tool to increase patient engagement and drive net-new cash.
3. Providers lose millions on self-pay patients who actually have insurance. Discover 4 hidden ways to detect insurance coverage for self-pay patients.