1. VillageMD completes $8.9B Summit Health buy, Cigna inks minority stake Full story
2. Optum to hire 1,400 employees from Maine health system, take over admin function
3. Where No Surprises Act disputes are happening the most Full story
4. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
5. Still '2 steps ahead': 5 reactions to California's Medi-Cal contract shuffle Full story
6. Highmark names health plan president
7. CMS needs to improve oversight of Medicare Part B drug payment calculations, OIG report finds Full story
8. 100 hospitals with the worst margins nationwide, ranked Full story
9. Healthcare fraud costs the U.S. billions annually. Protect your bottom line by learning how AI can prevent fraudulent healthcare claims here.
10. HHS giving states flexibility to address Medicaid enrollees' SDOH Full story
11. 65% of uninsured people overestimate cost of marketplace insurance, Florida Blue finds Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The standard patient payment model is broken. That's why Ascension and Intermountain depend on this tool to increase patient engagement and drive net-new cash.
2. Over 50% of hospitals are projected to have negative margins for the rest of the year. Make your CFO's job easier with these 5 steps.
3. The Medicare Trust Fund is scheduled to deplete in 2026 and hospitals are already facing skyrocketing debt. Here's the tool your organization needs to prepare for the coming industry shifts.