1. Centene names Magellan exec as chief transformation officer Full story
2. 13 states set COVID-19 hospitalization records this week Full story
3. 7 medical claims expected to increase in 2022 Full story
4. What comes after video visits? Hear what payers and providers have to say about the future of telehealth.
5. North Carolina physician faces charges over $46M in Medicare billings Full story
6. Humana indefinitely delays in-person return to offices, instates booster requirement Full story
7. 11 hospitals temporarily, permanently closing services because of staffing shortages Full story
8. CDC: Definition of fully vaccinated 'is not changing' Full story
9. Telehealth restrictions across the US: How each state measures up Full story
10. Demand for mental healthcare is far outpacing supply. See how virtual care can help here.
11. Baylor Scott & White CEO retires, joins private equity firm Full story
12. Rapid, but reliable? Early data suggests home tests lag with omicron Full story
13. Anthem, Paramount Advantage deal could end ongoing Ohio Medicaid conflict Full story
14. Ciox Health data breach affects AdventHealth, Northwestern and 30 more providers Full story
15. 10 worst, best cities for an active lifestyle Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Prior authorizations are up 81 percent, but smart automation can reduce the costly back and forth. Here's how.
2. Telehealth has yet to reach its full potential. See how 150+ healthcare execs are paving the path forward here.
3. Orthopedic spine procedures are linked to higher risks of opioid dependence. See how to mitigate this risk here.