1. Physician pay cuts will create 'immediate financial instability' Full story
2. 10 things to know about self-employed physicians Full story
3. Jump ship or fight misinformation? Physicians debate staying on Twitter Full story
4. 61% of systems plan to expand telehealth — see how and in what areas here.
5. Pennsylvania physician pays $490K to resolve Controlled Substance Act allegations Full story
6. 3 fast facts on prior authorization Full story
7. Massachusetts physician makes 5th trip to Ukraine to help on the front lines Full story
8. 87% of New Jersey patients want physician oversight in anesthesia Full story
9. Biosimilar competition is driving down drug costs. Healthcare leaders can sustain the momentum with key takeaways from this discussion.
10. Highest-earning practice settings for nurse practitioners Full story
11. Meritus Health names Miranda Ramsey new VP of physician services Full story
12. Workflow Services names former CVS leader Dr. Nancy Gagliano as adviser Full story
13. Hospitals are taking a more holistic approach to denials management that offers huge financial benefits. See the 3-pronged approach here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. COVID forced hospitals to revisit the value of precision planning. Ensure a robust contingency plan for future challenges with lessons from this short report.
2. The switch to value-based care is expensive, but this strategy saved a North Carolina hospital $12M in 1 year.
3. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.