1. Does prestige belong in medicine? Full story
2. How 740 self-employed physicians feel about their income Full story
3. Physicians and drug charges: 9 headlines in 15 days Full story
4. The AMA just released changes to the CPT Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes and guidelines, which take effect in January 2023. Learn what's changing.
5. Kaiser Permanente's $1.5B Q3 loss: What physicians need to know Full story
6. The most important factors for residents choosing their 1st position Full story
7. Tufts Medical Center anesthesiologist charged with attempted child sex trafficking Full story
8. Hospice care pioneer and physician Dr. Jeff Hartzell dies at 93 Full story
9. The best way to stay on top of hospital tech operations? Outsourcing IT. Explore the benefits of health IT collaboration here.
10. Respect staff or seek care elsewhere: Mass General Brigham enacts patient code of conduct Full story
11. Prevent Blindness adds new chair, board members Full story
12. Find Therapeutics assembles 5-physician clinical advisory board Full story
13. Improve your cancer center’s efficiency and alleviate staffing shortages: learn how from two real-world case studies.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. ProMedica is rewriting the playbook on patient experience. See how it and 11,000 other healthcare orgs are continually evaluating the patient journey and making tweaks in real time to keep patients — and staff — happy.
2. Too many ED patients are admitted unnecessarily. Learn how one N.C. health system avoided 106 admissions and saved $1.2M over 9 months.
3. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.