1. Physician leaders balk at finalized Medicare 4.48% physician fee cut Full story
2. 10 best states for physicians, nurses to practice Full story
3. Patient wins $21M in suit against physician after brain injury during surgery Full story
4. Slow behavioral health adopters are doing patients a disservice. Catch up on how organizations are integrating it into the medical journey here.
5. Prior authorization: 3 leaders' thoughts Full story
6. Physician bad behavior in the US & the UK: 4 comparisons Full story
7. Maine physician arrested, charged with opioid distribution Full story
8. How personal productivity impacts physician compensation Full story
9. One of the most innovative health tech companies in the U.S. is making big bets on the technologies that will transform healthcare. Learn what they are here.
10. Independent physicians more likely to receive pay from salary than hospital-owned practices Full story
11. Mass General Brigham academic officer joins Emory U health leadership team Full story
12. Dr. Edward McGookin named president of Lifespan affiliate Full story
13. Struggling to understand today's new imaging technologies? Listen to two health tech leaders break down AI, security and interoperability.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Houston Methodist succeeds in Medicare Shared Savings through clear visibility into patients' post-acute care. Here's how they did it.
2. COVID forced hospitals to revisit the value of precision planning. Ensure a robust contingency plan for future challenges with lessons from this short report.
3. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.