1. New York physician, 3 pharmacists charged in $24M oxycodone scheme Full story
2. Wellstar urged to drop physicians' noncompetes Full story
3. Physician practice acquisitions shaping the industry Full story
4. Nurse turnover can cost a hospital $6.5 million annually. To truly improve retention, you need this sustainable solution to drive revenue without hiring new staff.
5. Prior authorization by the numbers Full story
6. 'I've been blessed that I can continue practicing and doing the things I love': A Q&A with Dr. Howard Tucker, the world's oldest physician Full story
7. 3 ways to minimize physician burnout Full story
8. 5 key topics to be considered in physician contracts Full story
9. Hospitals won't unlock the full value of a robotic surgery program without giving staff 24/7 access. See how Adventis Health is doing it here.
10. Physicians and locals protest McDonald's in Texas hospital Full story
11. DHR Health ends medical school partnership with U of Texas Rio Grande Valley Full story
12. Former Duke physician behind PA profession Full story
13. HCA and Mount Sinai are replacing outdated care practices with a single AI platform for better and more efficient care. See how they're saving clinicians time and streamlining workflows here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Not all care-at-home programs are created equal. Here's how to build an integrated program that works for patients and providers.
2. Too many ED patients are admitted unnecessarily. Learn how one N.C. health system avoided 106 admissions and saved $1.2M over 9 months.
3. The switch to value-based care is expensive, but this strategy saved a North Carolina hospital $12M in 1 year.