1. California physician to pay $2.3M for fraud, illegal drug distribution Full story
2. Highest-paying physician specialty in the 15 largest US cities Full story
3. 120+ physician organizations ask CMS to change physician payments as a 8.42% cut looms Full story
4. No hospital wants to see a rise in secondary reviews. Here are the changes physician advisors need to work more efficiently.
5. Amazon seeks physician lead Full story
6. 69% of physicians want a single-payer system Full story
7. Medical students' expected debt: 8 stats Full story
8. PE acquisitions of physicians' practices associated with healthcare spending spikes Full story
9. The post-call center era is imminent. See how systems can slash call volumes and empower patient self-service here.
10. Dr. Amy Compton-Phillips named president of Press Ganey consulting Full story
11. More than half of physicians rate lack of healthcare access as top social issue Full story
12. 51% of physicians believe substance, opioid misuse among colleagues increased during the COVID-19 pandemic Full story
13. Today's paper trail leads to wasted time and costly errors. Everything from inventory control to billing and payments improve when digitized. Get expert advice here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Dividing quality by cost is no longer a feasible way to measure value. Get a new equation to advance patient care + control costs here.
2. 71% of patients are frustrated with their healthcare experience. Here are tools to scale positive engagement with your health system.
3. Clinicians are tired of using health IT solutions not built with their needs in mind. Ensure your organization is adopting tech built with their input here.