1. Florida physician pleads guilty in $2.6M Medicare fraud scheme Full story
2. 'Only a sociopath could practice as an employee of a large health system': How burnout has affected 5 physicians Full story
3. HCA hospitals make 10 executive changes Full story
4. 2 experts on the top processes hospitals should digitize in 2023 — see what they are and how to get started here.
5. What kind of cars do physicians drive Full story
6. CVS Health's solid start to 2023: 5 deals, moves pointing to growth Full story
7. 28 new CMOs in January Full story
8. Nurse practitioners more likely to get malpractice claims at physician offices Full story
9. Care advancements are being held up by a 17-year gap between publication of guidelines and real-world clinical practice. Learn about an emerging solution to this problem here.
10. Louisiana health system announces 2023 medical executive committee Full story
11. Tomorrow Health adds Dr. Toby Cosgrove to advisory board Full story
12. Dr. Cheryl Rice named chief of staff of Kansas hospital Full story
13. Augmented intelligence is headed to the C-suite. See how executives are using it to focus decisions during this session.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. When only 35% of referrals end in a visit, you can't justify time spent on manual patient outreach. This digital upgrade led Froedtert Health to a 3-day referral-to-appointment workflow.
2. 5 top healthcare payment challenges for 2023 and how to get ahead of them — see the report here.
3. How to keep up with all the new information on COVID-19 testing and treatment? Dive into these 1-page snapshots on Paxlovid, boosters, variants, long COVID-19 and more.