1. Can health systems compete with disruption from CVS, Walgreens? Full story
2. NYC hospital patients rally over EHR outages, prescription delays Full story
3. Eli Lilly's diabetes drugs in short supply: FDA Full story
4. It's easy for costly adverse drug events to slip through the cracks in overwhelmed EDs. Get 3 steps to prevent it here.
5. Florida hospital, Publix partner to handle meds to beds, prior authorizations Full story
6. FDA panel to vote on primary COVID-19 shot reboot: 2 vaccine updates Full story
7. There's no reason pharmacy staff should still be playing phone tag to confirm medication history. See how Cone Health cut the inefficiency.
8. Netflix model for antibiotics has potential to curb drug shortages Full story
9. Walgreens rolls out rapid flu testing Full story
10. CDC issues physician guidance on flu antiviral amid supply issues Full story
11. Why is healthcare's journey to cloud taking so long? Watch now to hear a CTO and CMO react to this question and debate medical imaging, AI, data security, interoperability and more.
12. COVID-19 admissions up 14% in 2 weeks: 3 updates Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. OR closures will cost hospitals billions in 2022 — Hospitals must do more with less. Here's how 3 hospitals achieved greater efficiency in the OR with fewer surgical staff.
2. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
3. Achieving sepsis quality improvements shouldn't take long. This hospital saved $384,000K + boosted compliance by 20% in just 4 months. Here's how.