1. CVS tests technology for remote pharmacists to review prescriptions Full story
2. Maine pharmacy board fined Walgreens 15 times for staffing issues Full story
3. President of pharma lobby resigns Full story
4. Biosimilar competition is driving down drug costs. Healthcare leaders can sustain the momentum with key takeaways from this discussion.
5. Prior authorization, payment delays frustrate hospitals Full story
6. 3 pharmacy chains appeal Ohio $650M opioid ruling Full story
7. Surgical teams are using AI to optimize workflows, boost efficiency + improve reimbursement. Learn how here.
8. Where XBB is most prevalent: 5 COVID-19 updates Full story
9. Pharmacy owner connected to meningitis outbreak gets 1 year in prison Full story
10. Flu activity, state by state Full story
11. 1 in 5 healthcare workers quit during the pandemic; the industry can't afford to lose more. Learn how addressing whole-person health can help retain employees.
12. Walmart launches nationwide pharmacist training program Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.
2. Care plans based on a sample size of one? At AdventHealth, it's possible. See how the system is personalizing care with genomics and get best practices for starting your own program here.
3. Too many ED patients are admitted unnecessarily. Learn how one N.C. health system avoided 106 admissions and saved $1.2M over 9 months.