1. 1st treatment plan for onset of Type 1 diabetes to cost $194K Full story
2. DOJ to appeal ruling that cleared UnitedHealth-Change merger Full story
3. Teva names CEO Full story
4. Biosimilar competition is driving down drug costs. Healthcare leaders can sustain the momentum with key takeaways from this discussion.
5. 29 amoxicillin and clavulanate products on back order Full story
6. How COVID-19 therapeutics stack up against BQ.1 Full story
7. Health systems are finally getting ahead of inefficiencies. Here's how SSM Health solved uneven patient loads & workload imbalances.
8. H3N2: 3 notes on the dominant flu strain Full story
9. Walmart loses top health exec to JPMorgan Full story
10. Oklahoma proposes 1st temperature rule for shipped medications Full story
11. The present and future of value-based care — Attend this live virtual session to learn what hospitals need to thrive today and tomorrow.
12. Rite Aid, Grubhub partner to deliver health products Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 22% percent of Americans don't speak English at home. Are your telehealth services accommodating them? Learn how to improve virtual care access here.
2. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
3. OR closures will cost hospitals billions in 2022 — Hospitals must do more with less. Here's how 3 hospitals achieved greater efficiency in the OR with fewer surgical staff.