1. CMS sets court-ordered 340B drug payments, but leaves back payment issues unresolved Full story
2. Where 6 drugmakers are with RSV vaccine development Full story
3. Price of new cancer drugs jumps 53% in 4 years, report finds Full story
4. Blood thinners are essential medications but can provoke uncontrolled bleeding. University of Nebraska Medical Center's Dr. Paul P. Dobesh examines new treatment pathways for life-threatening bleeds here.
5. 10 systems seeking pharmacy leaders Full story
6. Execs called to resign at hospital where nurse called 911 on her own ER Full story
7. Struggling to understand today's new imaging technologies? Listen to two health tech leaders break down AI, security and interoperability.
8. Pfizer CEO explains COVID-19 vaccine price Full story
9. CVS Health, Walgreens each to settle all opioid cases for $5B Full story
10. 2 patients held staff hostage at Arizona hospital, police say Full story
11. Staff shortages complicate traditional pressure injury prevention. Here are proactive interventions that aren't as prone to shortages.
12. 3 in 4 teens lost weight in obesity drug trial Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The switch to value-based care is expensive, but this strategy saved a North Carolina hospital $12M in 1 year.
2. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.
3. Care plans based on a sample size of one? At AdventHealth, it's possible. See how the system is personalizing care with genomics and get best practices for starting your own program here.