1. White House plan to revive Operation Warp Speed stumbles Full story
2. Amylyx co-CEOs defend $158K price tag on new ALS drug Full story
3. Tower Health hospital names pharmacist as VP of operations Full story
4. 35% of adults don't get enough sleep, which can cause poor outcomes and higher healthcare costs. See how health plans can tackle the issue with these simple strategies.
5. 10 systems seeking pharmacy leaders Full story
6. Police: Man strangled infants, assaulted staff at Texas hospital Full story
7. Nurse turnover can cost a hospital $6.5 million annually. To truly improve retention, you need this sustainable solution to drive revenue without hiring new staff.
8. Multimillion-dollar gene therapies are 'in the right ballpark': drugmaker exec Full story
9. Mayo Clinic to increase some wages by 6% Full story
10. Pharmacists association names Hugh Clancy president Full story
11. Slow behavioral health adopters are doing patients a disservice. Catch up on how organizations are integrating it into the medical journey here.
12. In nasal COVID-19 vaccine race, Ocugen teams up with Washington U in St. Louis Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. An estimated 80,000 people die in hospitals each year because of incorrect diagnoses. Learn the 4 causes of diagnostic errors and how to address them here.
2. Nurses waste an hour per day looking for + cleaning mobile medical equipment. Catholic Health System found a better way to manage this equipment. Here's how.
3. COVID forced hospitals to revisit the value of precision planning. Ensure a robust contingency plan for future challenges with lessons from this short report.