1. Rite Aid denies some prescriptions from telehealth startups Full story
2. Legislators urge Walgreens to change reproductive product policy Full story
3. US to buy 66M doses of Moderna's omicron-targeted vaccine Full story
4. 70 patients die from apixaban or rivaroxaban-related bleeding every day in the U.S. See how Cone Health is working to lower this number here.
5. Pfizer earned $27.7B in Q2: 3 findings Full story
6. New Hampshire hospital where fentanyl went missing names interim chief nursing officer Full story
7. Hospitals are leaving money on the table by treating pharmacy services as a necessary system rather than an innovative partner. Here's how your team can unlock 10 times your current pharmacy revenue in 1 year.
8. 90% of Americans live close to a pharmacy, analysis finds Full story
9. Beyond the dollar: Hospitals embrace flexibility to retain workers Full story
10. Attack on nurse prompts Duke Health to intensify security Full story
11. A lot has changed during the COVID-19 pandemic, but what about in the pharmacy kit and tray management space? A Becker's Hospital Review survey of pharmacy experts found these five key takeaways.
12. 5 best, worst states for healthcare in 2022 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Traditional care coordination is broken. Now, hospitals are turning to "care orchestration" to scale up care and relieve overwhelmed staff. Learn more about the approach here.
2. Investing in digital healthcare tools will save you time and cut costs. Learn the 5 ways digital healthcare staffing will benefit your hospital.
3. Hospitals have spent more than $3B getting PPE during the pandemic — make sure your team is following the right protocols.