1. Biogen to pay $900M to settle kickback allegations Full story
2. GlaxoSmithKline names communications director for healthcare spinoff Full story
3. World's first malaria vaccine hits financing roadblock Full story
4. 70 patients die from apixaban or rivaroxaban-related bleeding every day in the U.S. See how Cone Health is working to lower this number here.
5. 10 hospitals seeking pharmacy leaders Full story
6. Biden tests positive for COVID-19 Full story
7. Hospitals are increasing revenue up to $500K per OR per year with AI-driven capacity management. Learn how to match supply and demand during "normal" and "crisis" times.
8. Investigation launched after 2 patients go missing from Illinois hospital Full story
9. Tracking each COVID-19 vaccine's journey Full story
10. HHS creates new division for pandemic response Full story
11. Surgery is still a gateway to long-term opioid use. Learn how a New York hospital protects patients with drug-free pain management during this virtual session.
12. Amazon to acquire One Medical in $3.9B deal Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Prevent surgical infection with antiseptic preparation
2. Laundry to linens to lab testing - third-party purchased services can total up to 25% of your operations costs. Make meaningful change.
3. Patients don't want to play phone tag. Give them the convenient communication they crave with these 5 strategies.