1. Health experts wary about timeline for updated COVID-19 shots Full story
2. AstraZeneca to shell out $1.27B for biotech company TeneoTwo Full story
3. APCI urges federal government to block PBM acquisition over 'serious anti-competitive concerns' Full story
4. Current "best practices" aren't good enough when it comes to utilizing the OR. Hear first-hand how Rush achieves optimal use through cloud-based software.
5. Institute for Safe Medicine Practices issues Paxlovid guide after several errors reported Full story
6. 148 best US hospitals, per Money and Leapfrog Full story
7. Fragmentation in IT systems is a barrier to high-quality cancer care. Learn the digital solution that helps employees and patients.
8. ProMedica lays off unspecified number of employees in wake of financial challenges Full story
9. BA.5's fast rise to dominance: 5 things to know about the omicron subvariant Full story
10. 9 big moves pharmacy chains made in 2022 Full story
11. Cone Health staff can quickly fill 93% of patients' medication history in Epic. Learn how AI is reducing the system's need for phone calls and manual entry.
12. Northwell nurse to receive Presidential Medal of Freedom Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. This California hospital reduced pressure Injuries by 68% in less than two years. Find out how here.
2. Hospitals have spent more than $3B getting PPE during the pandemic — make sure your team is following the right protocols.
3. Investing in digital healthcare tools will save you time and cut costs. Learn the 5 ways digital healthcare staffing will benefit your hospital.