1. 'They're now exposed': What an FTC probe, federal legislation and state actions could mean for the PBM industry Full story
2. NYC to skirt pharmacies, hand out Paxlovid prescriptions at mobile test-to-treat sites Full story
3. Amazon exec is new CEO of Alto Pharmacy Full story
4. Contrast dye won't be healthcare's last severe shortage. See how industry leaders are working to mitigate future shortages and strengthen the domestic healthcare supply chain here.
5. Monkeypox vaccine manufacturer plant is closed until late summer, straining supply Full story
6. Ripples from Roe v. Wade decision: 5 updates on access to emergency contraceptives, abortion pills Full story
7. Reduce blood use by up to 60%, pocket millions and improve clinical outcomes. Jefferson Health shares their secret.
8. Cardinal Health, McKesson cleared in West Virginia opioid case Full story
9. CVS appoints Ahmed Hassan as Omnicare president Full story
10. NorthShore University Health called in 20 physicians to treat July 4th parade shooting victims Full story
11. Infusion center wait times are increasing, along with patient frustration. Johns Hopkins decreased wait times time by 13%-32%. Join the OnDemand webinar here.
12. PeaceHealth cuts travel nurse budget, struggles with staff shortage Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. An estimated $300B in healthcare fraud happens every year. Here's how modern payer Chief Risk Officer are getting proactive about fraud protection.
2. Can AI close the gap between what’s expected and what’s achievable in rev cycle management? Health system execs say yes. Find out why.
3. About 45% of Americans plan to change their coverage level each year. Learn how an intelligent payer engine can save the day.