1. Fauci: Cadence for COVID-19 boosters will be clearer this summer Full story
2. Overdose deaths up 15% in 2021, CDC data shows Full story
3. FDA approves new indication for drug to treat severe COVID-19 Full story
4. Uncomplicate vancomycin dosing. Here's the tool hospitals are using to ensure targeted doses every time.
5. 10 hospitals seeking pharmacy leaders Full story
6. Nurses take to streets ahead of RaDonda Vaught sentencing Full story
7. Want to convert every missed call into a booked appointment? See how 1,000+ healthcare practices are automating front desk tasks to acquire and retain more patients here.
8. Idaho health system files lawsuit over 'smear campaign,' protest after infant's treatment Full story
9. Medicare prescription drug spending surpasses development costs, study says Full story
10. Top 5 most challenging requirements in 2021: Joint Commission Full story
11. 83% of healthcare facilities still use paper faxes and PDFs, which can bog down workflows and slow diagnoses. Learn how to close the digital divide here.
12. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare loses $10B annually in administrative costs due to low health literacy and rising complexity cost — learn how hospitals can move forward by downloading the Trends in Healthcare Payments Annual Report.
2. 81% of residents like their training programs, but 41% are burned out. Get resources from AMA to improve physician well-being and promote better work-life balance here.
3. A teachable moment: How this 500-plus bed medical center turned a poor scorecard into cultural transformation.