1. DOJ investigating telehealth startup after allegations of overprescribing stimulants Full story
2. Novartis suspends production of 2 cancer treatments over quality concerns Full story
3. FDA limits use of J&J COVID-19 vaccine Full story
4. EHR data alone can't accurately predict surgical case lengths. Here's how OhioHealth solved OR scheduling inefficiencies.
5. US may see 'pretty sizable' fall COVID-19 surge, Dr. Ashish Jha warns Full story
6. 4 recent drug recalls Full story
7. Still relying on manual, outdated disinfection routines? Click here for a more reliable approach hospitals are taking to cut staff burden and safety risks.
8. Where illicit drug use is the highest, lowest Full story
9. GoodRx taps former Uber leader as inaugural COO Full story
10. 25 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
11. 83% of healthcare facilities still use paper faxes and PDFs, which can bog down workflows and slow diagnoses. Learn how to close the digital divide here.
12. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. South Shore Hospital's ED reduced readmissions by enhancing its EHR and using complexity scores. Click here to learn their strategy.
2. HAIs are skyrocketing, but one 426-bed hospital reduced infection and saved $70,000 using this easy-to-apply disinfection strategy.
3. A teachable moment: How this 500-plus bed medical center turned a poor scorecard into cultural transformation.