1. Amazon's PillPack to pay $5.8M for insulin overbilling Full story
2. CVS Health names new chief medical officer, senior VP Full story
3. FDA declines to approve 2 cancer drugs developed in China Full story
4. Labor and supply costs are poised to hammer hospital margins again in the remainder of 2022. AdventHealth and Mount Nittany Health System have unlocked savings to help weather the storm. Here's how
5. Biogen CEO to resign Full story
6. Optum to manage UnitedHealthcare drug prior authorizations Full story
7. The CDC wants to curb healthcare-associated infections. Learn to slash the most pressing HAI — click here.
8. Paxlovid falls short as preventive therapy, new data shows Full story
9. AmerisourceBergen launches home infusion program for health systems Full story
10. 22 hospitals with the most ER visits Full story
11. EHR data alone can't accurately predict surgical case lengths. Here's how OhioHealth solved OR scheduling inefficiencies.
12. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A teachable moment: How this 500-plus bed medical center turned a poor scorecard into cultural transformation.
2. 81% of residents like their training programs, but 41% are burned out. Get resources from AMA to improve physician well-being and promote better work-life balance here.
3. Virtual care options for behavioral health are no longer just 'nice to have' — they're essential. But how can health systems integrate these programs in a formalized, sustainable way? This guide has the answers.