1. FDA advisers weigh booster strategy: 4 things to know Full story
2. Hospital drug spending jumps 8.4% in 2021 Full story
3. A bill from Pfizer may eat up half of potential COVID-19 fund Full story
4. Hospitals implement kit and tray management in a variety of ways with a variety of solutions. Becker's Healthcare is conducting a survey to hear about your experience. Take this survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
5. 10 hospitals seeking pharmacy leaders Full story
6. COVID-19 cases up in 28 states, hospitalizations up in 4 Full story
7. 60% of patients still find online scheduling tools too complex to navigate. Here's how health systems are solving that.
8. Walgreens Health expands in California: 4 notes Full story
9. 5 best healthcare companies to grow your career: LinkedIn Full story
10. DEA warns of spike in mass-overdose events linked to fentanyl Full story
11. Stop keeping nurses past their shifts. See how OSHU achieved a 31% decrease in running past scheduled closures here.
12. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. America's behavioral health and chronic disease crises are rising in tandem — they cannot be solved separately. Click here to learn how the mind-body connection should inform care management.
2. Patient attitudes about telehealth’s care quality jumped 15 percent from 2020 to 2021. Download this report to gain more insights about the state of telehealth.
3. Needlesticks are up fivefold as vaccines are given outside carefully controlled facilities. Click here for best safety practices.