1. Cuban's pharmacy may save US $1.2B annually with 9 drugs: Vanderbilt study Full story
2. Pharmacist convicted in $1M prescription fraud scheme Full story
3. FDA warns pharmacies, healthcare staff to avoid drug with aluminum risk Full story
4. Pharmacy disruptions are coming. Learn how to stay ahead of the curve and turn challenges into opportunities here.
5. The No. 1 problem keeping hospital CEOs up at night Full story
6. Hospitals must partner with retail disruptors like Amazon and CVS, AHA says Full story
7. Across all specialties, at least one-third of physicians are burned out. Here's one thing Gundersen Health is doing to better support all physicians.
8. Martin Shkreli denies FTC's contempt claims Full story
9. Virginia hospital closes retail pharmacy Full story
10. 185 top hospital units for care quality, per nurses Full story
11. Care advancements are being held up by a 17-year gap between publication of guidelines and real-world clinical practice. Learn about an emerging solution to this problem here.
12. CDC adds COVID-19 shots to routine vaccine schedules Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 'Eat better' is prescribed for the most expensive chronic conditions, yet a staggering # of patients are food insecure. Learn how leaders are confronting food insecurity in this brief report.
2. The do's and don'ts of cloud migration — health IT leaders from CommonSpirit, Michigan Medicine weigh in here.
3. Healthcare organizations are implementing a myriad of strategies to address burnout. Here's a patient-focused approach most are overlooking.