1. Boosters as effective against XBB as targeted subvariant: CDC Full story
2. Pharmacy techs paid the most, appear the least in hospitals Full story
3. 4 pharmacy trends to watch in 2023: Moody's Full story
4. Payers are struggling to keep up with changing member expectations. Get ahead of the curve and stay there with conversational AI and these best practices.
5. Feds charge 25 in sweeping nurse diploma scheme Full story
6. Walgreens considers selling $2B pharmacy automation business Full story
7. Care advancements are being held up by a 17-year gap between publication of guidelines and real-world clinical practice. Learn about an emerging solution to this problem here.
8. The 25 most profitable 1-star hospitals Full story
9. 10 systems seeking pharmacy leaders Full story
10. MetroWest Medical Center CEO, CNO resign after less than 1 year Full story
11. Heart disease deaths are rising as cardiologists see fewer patients. Close care gaps with lessons from 2 health systems here.
12. Abortion pill access scuffles: 5 recent updates Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Prescription renewals are a time-intensive, manual process. Learn how Gundersen Health uses AI to automatically import 84% of renewal data and save hundreds of hours of clinician time.
2. Still using the 100-year old TB skin test? Here's an upgrade that delivers more precise results and lowers costs.
3. Adverse drug events and readmissions can quickly burden EDs. Here are 3 steps this New England hospital took to better manage high-risk patients.