1. Local anesthetic drug supply: 132 in shortage, 13 available Full story
2. HIV vaccine trial halted after phase 3 failure Full story
3. Researcher sentenced to 3 years in prison for lying about asthma drug study Full story
4. Healthcare is hemorrhaging nurses. Buck the trend with these hiring and retention strategies built on responses gathered from more than 400,000 nurses.
5. Tenet making 9 executive changes Full story
6. Physicians struggle to treat patients who lace opioids with animal tranquilizer Full story
7. Digital transformation in healthcare is a bumpy ride, but the CIO + CFO relationship might be the silver bullet. Learn how Geisinger leverages this strategic partnership to drive transformation.
8. 'Patients are going to die': Hospital access meltdown in Central California leaves officials in search of solutions Full story
9. U of Hawaii pharmacy dean wins leadership award Full story
10. The primary care battle: Where Optum, CVS, Walgreens stand Full story
11. 2 experts on the top processes hospitals should digitize in 2023 — see what they are and how to get started here.
12. 10 systems seeking pharmacy leaders Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 5 CIOs on their top labor challenges and how tech can help. Get best practices from Seattle Children's, WakeMed Health and 3 other systems.
2. Prescription renewals are a time-intensive, manual process. Learn how Gunderson Health uses AI to automatically import 84% of renewal data and save hundreds of hours of clinician time.
3. Health plans have tons of data, but many have low member engagement. Learn how some leading health plans foster engaging, personalized member experiences at scale.