1. Walgreens partners with Microsoft to develop new healthcare delivery models Full story
2. Government shutdown threatens drug approvals: 5 things to know Full story
3. A quarter of US hospitals cut staff to cope with rising drug costs from 2015 to 2017, study finds Full story
4. Learn how to maximize often-overlooked savings opportunities, such a freight management in this upcoming webinar
5. Join over 300 health system executive speakers and 3,800 attendees + Katie Couric and former presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton at Becker's Hospital Review 10th Annual Meeting. Register here. | Thrilled to welcome Terry Bradshaw and Bobbi Brown, as well as 180+ hospital and health system speakers at Becker's Health IT, Clinical Leadership + Pharmacy conference. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Walmart splits with CVS in drug-pricing dispute
7. How detecting false penicillin allergies helps physicians fight antibiotic resistance Full story
8. Register for this upcoming webinar for tips on overcoming barriers to success with specialty pharmacy services.
9. Unfazed by Amazon competition: 'They won't offer anything new,' CVS chief says Full story
10. 4 tips for managing drug spend from Alameda Health System's Dr. Yi-Chih Peng Full story