1. 4 pressing drug shortages Full story
2. HHS decides on 3 Inflation Reduction Act deadlines Full story
3. Drug formulary exclusions rise in 2023 Full story
4. Time is of the essence when treating patients with rare bleeding disorders. See how UT Health San Antonio is getting patients the care they need sooner via a new clinical pathway.
5. Las Vegas hospital issues alert of 970 layoffs Full story
6. Nasal COVID-19 vaccines: 7 things to know Full story
7. Hospitals are living 'paycheck to paycheck' and supply constraints are only worsening. See how some hospitals are turning the tide here.
8. Hospital capacity concerns intensify as XBB.1.5 spreads Full story
9. 'Unacceptable corporate greed': Senator slams Moderna for proposed vaccine cost Full story
10. 56 best jobs in healthcare, per US News Full story
11. Thinking about upgrading your IT infrastructure? Learn why Sentara Healthcare's CTO embraced a multi-cloud strategy to advance the system's digital transformation.
12. FDA takes wary approach on trials with cutting-edge drugs: WSJ Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 5 CIOs on their top labor challenges and how tech can help. Get best practices from Seattle Children's, WakeMed Health and 3 other systems.
2. Adverse drug events and readmissions can quickly burden EDs. Here are 3 steps this New England hospital took to better manage high-risk patients.
3. TB diagnoses declined during the pandemic due to decreased screening, but infection rates remain high worldwide. A more efficient and accessible testing model can save lives.