1. Walgreens poaches athenahealth CMO Full story
2. Walgreens secures enterprisewide specialty pharmacy accreditation Full story
3. VA slow to roll out new depression treatment for patients
4. Using payor collections to jumpstart your revenue cycle in 2020. Learn more
5. Thrilled to welcome terrific health system CEOs Lloyd Dean, CommonSpirit Health; Nancy Howell Agee, Carilion Clinic; Sister Mary Haddad, Catholic Health Association of the United States; Rod Hochman, MD, Providence St. Joseph Health; Wright Lassiter III, Henry Ford Health System; Warner L. Thomas, Ochsner Health System; Stephen Klasko, MD, Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health; Michael A. Slubowski, Trinity Health; and Melinda L. Estes, MD, Saint Luke’s Health System, to the Becker's Hospital Review 11th Annual Meeting. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsorship opportunities, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Teva settles whistleblower lawsuit for $54M Full story
7. Antibiotic developers are struggling to stay in business, increasing the risk of superbugs Full story
8. The science behind appointment reminders — Cut no-show rates and get patients in the door with tech-savvy patient engagement. Click here to learn how.
9. Regeneron restructures, cuts at least 15 jobs Full story
10. Philadelphia hospital bankruptcy leaves 1,000 physicians scrambling Full story
11. Without proactive risk management, inferior IT devices can interfere with critical healthcare equipment and processes. Learn more.
12. Cigna: Merging pharma, medical, mental health benefits saved hundreds per member Full story