1. UC San Diego Health names Dr. Joseph Califano director of cancer center Full story
2. Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center to lay off 3% of staff Full story
3. California hospital taps Dr. Carlos Becerra for medical director Full story
4. Improve your cancer center’s efficiency and alleviate staffing shortages: learn how from two real-world case studies.
5. UVA researchers zero in on new bone marrow cancer treatment Full story
6. Where are the 14 Leapfrog 'F' hospitals? Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Nurses waste an hour per day looking for + cleaning mobile medical equipment. Catholic Health System found a better way to manage this equipment. Here's how.
2. The gig economy will take a bite out of your workforce if you let it. Stay ahead on hiring trends with this report, which shows where leaders spend recruiting dollars, how they engage staff and more.
3. Still scrambling to fill shifts? There's an app for that. Learn how to maintain flexible staffing here.