1. Utah Jazz owners donate $20M to pediatric cancer research Full story
2. CMS starts oncology bundled payment program Full story
3. Nurse who called EMS on own hospital speaks out Full story
4. Traditional approaches to hospital operations can't meet today's capacity management challenges. Here's what UCSD Moores Cancer Center did to cut no-show rates by 50%.
5. 4 hospitals, systems hiring oncology leaders Full story
6. Tufts Medical Center anesthesiologist charged with attempted child sex trafficking Full story
7. Patient registration inefficiencies = more denials. Watch now to learn how to slash patient intake times and reduce denials.
8. MaineGeneral proposes $36M cancer center expansion Full story
9. Frm. cancer exec named Meadows Behavioral chief growth officer Full story
10. Don't force patients to navigate "hospital labyrinths" alone. See how Orlando VA Medical Center aims to reduce late appointments via a major wayfinding project here.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The value of personalized medicine is clear, but putting it into action is challenging. Kick personalized medicine into gear at your organization with this road map.
2. An estimated 80,000 people die in hospitals each year because of incorrect diagnoses. Learn the 4 causes of diagnostic errors and how to address them here.
3. Is prior authorization slowing down your care processes? Learn how electronic tools allowed 71% of providers in one program to deliver faster care.