1. Pioneering childhood cancer researcher dies at 97 Full story
2. More than 16,000 cancer deaths due to COVID-19 complications, American Cancer Society finds Full story
3. Top 10 oncology headlines of September Full story
4. Traditional approaches to hospital operations can't meet today's capacity management challenges. Here's what UCSD Moores Cancer Center did to cut no-show rates by 50%.
5. Mayo Clinic 1st in North America to install superfast PET/CT scanner Full story
6. 7 signs you are being 'quiet fired' Full story
7. Managing patient throughout shouldn't still be a struggle in 2022. See how modern hospitals are cutting time to admission here.
8. 6 new cancer centers Full story
9. Novant cancer center 1st in North Carolina to offer VR headsets during treatment Full story
10. The value of personalized medicine is clear, but putting it into action is challenging. Kick personalized medicine into gear at your organization with this road map.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. ProMedica is rewriting the playbook on patient experience. See how it and 11,000 other healthcare orgs are continually evaluating the patient journey and making tweaks in real time to keep patients — and staff — happy.
2. Today's patients expect a compassionate financial experience, but not every organization is delivering. Maintain a competitive advantage with these tips.
3. 92% of healthcare executives say technology infrastructure is increasingly tied to business value. Learn how bolster tech infrastructure for future success with this new report.