1. Biden to tap Dana-Farber cancer surgeon to direct the National Cancer Institute Full story
2. Wayne State University, Karmanos Cancer Institute gifted $100M for new research hub Full story
3. 6 recent moves from the nation's leading cancer centers Full story
4. Fragmentation in IT systems is a barrier to high-quality cancer care. Learn the digital solution that helps employees and patients.
5. Are cancer centers too test-heavy? Some studies say yes Full story
6. North Carolina physician assistant indicted in $10M Medicare fraud scheme Full story
7. Hospitals must unlock more open time to maximize OR efficiency. Cone Health leaders share how they did it here.
8. UF Health 1st in Southeast to offer groundbreaking imaging device Full story
9. Monkeypox a global emergency: 4 updates Full story
10. COVID-19 uncovered a plethora of weaknesses in cancer care delivery. This 2-page report shares how oncology leaders are planning for change.
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. "Reversing" diabetes is a seductive, but unrealistic goal. Take a more effective approach to diabetes management by avoiding these 6 treatment myths.
2. Dozens of health system executives met in Chicago to discuss the patient financial experience and the care affordability crisis. Learn what was said and why it matters here.
3. Patients are tired of seeing 'pay in full' as the only option on their medical statements. Drive better payment results with these strategies.