1. Amazon, Fred Hutchinson launch cancer vaccine clinical trial Full story
2. Cancer-causing herbicide found in 80% of US urine samples Full story
3. Merck to pay $290M in oncology partnership with Orion Full story
4. Hospitals must unlock more open time to maximize OR efficiency. Cone Health leaders share how they did it here.
5. Cancer Center at Illinois develops groundbreaking imaging technology Full story
6. After stabbing, nurses say SSM ignored pleas for security: 'This was 100% preventable' Full story
7. Hospital leaders are using the wrong information to make expensive operating room decisions. Here's how one Florida hospital increased primetime utilization by more than 8%.
8. Ludwig Cancer Research Institute appoints Dr. Pat Morin deputy scientific director Full story
9. Physician who bagged $35M in false claims convicted on 30 counts Full story
10. Infusion center wait times are increasing, along with patient frustration. Johns Hopkins decreased wait times time by 13%-32%. Join the OnDemand webinar here
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. COVID-19 uncovered a plethora of weaknesses in cancer care delivery. This 2-page report shares how oncology leaders are planning for change.
2. For years, the GI industry has been looking for ways to decrease infection during ERCP procedures. 53% of patients are less likely to be readmitted to the hospital when treated with this device.
3. A patchwork of solutions cannot repair healthcare's aging technology infrastructure. Here's how providers and payers can transform IT and deliver patients the convenience they deserve.